WhatsApp has finally launched it’s long-awaited Business App!
An exciting news for businesses especially small and medium-sized as this would help connect with their customer better.
Here's to all you need to know about WhatsApp for Business.
- It's free!
- It has Business Profiles, which shall help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, operation hours and website.
- For faster communication, it offers a smart messaging tool called ‘quick replies’ in which a business can set a keyword shortcut that corresponds to a longer message so that it can just type “/hours” instead of “We are open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m., except weekends.”
- For Marketers, the app offers a simple statistics such as how many messages have been sent, delivered, read and received which would help companies review and see what is working on the platform.
- One can use through WhatsApp’s desktop site also
- Whatsapp has taken care of the Customer also, they will have full control over the messages they receive - Block & report spam feature to apply to the business app also.
- Eventually, it will add its own form of verified profiles, called Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
- The wait isn't full over; Currently, it's only available on Android in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the UK, and the US. Maybe in few week, we can also use it :)
Well, beyond this I am expecting this would surely open up revenue possibilities for WhatsApp as its always been free and had no ads on the service; especially from big enterprises for premium features.